Thread: Redirect issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Redirect issue

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Suey View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread but it seems the place to ask my question.
    Because of adding a new language I created new ezPages (I think I had to do so) which got a new ID.
    I have some good running ezPages posts and visitors just get an error (of course).
    I spent some hours about that now so I decided to use the board search and found this thread.
    What do you think could be the proper way to make zen cart redirects via htaccess?
    Simple Redirect 301 obviously don't work.

Here's the old url: https://www.roller-aus-blech.de/inde...age=page&id=85
    Here's the new url: https://www.roller-aus-blech.de/inde...ge=page&id=100

I meanwhile am going to take the following code for testing:

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} contact_us
    RewriteRule (.*) https://new_domain.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us [R=301,L,NE]
    For others reading this, I don't see in the way newer sites are controlled that there is a necessity to create new ez pages to replace the previous single language version. While the resulting rewrite rule works and is applicable to redirect, I do not see that such is necessary just to add language options in a database that has been sufficiently and properly maintained.

As such, likely also could recreate the previous references and do away with the redirects if still doing development on your test version of the site and haven't gone live with these changes. The reason I say that is because undoing such changes on the live site also potentially comes at a cost by search engines.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Redirect issue

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For others reading this, I don't see in the way newer sites are controlled that there is a necessity to create new ez pages to replace the previous single language version. While the resulting rewrite rule works and is applicable to redirect, I do not see that such is necessary just to add language options in a database that has been sufficiently and properly maintained.

As such, likely also could recreate the previous references and do away with the redirects if still doing development on your test version of the site and haven't gone live with these changes. The reason I say that is because undoing such changes on the live site also potentially comes at a cost by search engines.
    Your linguistic is difficult to understand for foreign speakers.
    Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.
    I'm aware of the influence of broken links, redirects and so.
    I was surprised of the behaviour my site has not duplicated existing EZ-Pages after I have re-added the language English back again after 10 years.
    But this is another story: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....other-language
    Sometimes you just need to have the possibility to make a redirect.
    And I'm glad this topic helped me to do so.
    My Zen-Cart Vespa Shop.
    GDPR compliant Webhosting in Germany.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12